Shakshuka features poached eggs in spiced tomato and pepper sauce. You can top the dish with tangy feta cheese or parsley!
Shakshuka for dinner tonight made with all T-Bones ingredients
Shakshuka features poached eggs in a hearty, spiced tomato and pepper sauce. You can top the dish with tangy feta cheese and fresh cilantro or parsley!
It's a perfect dish for breakfast, lunch, or dinner! Super easy, healthy, and delicious.
SERVINGS: 3 – 6 PEOPLE
DURATION: 50 MINS
Easy & Delicious Shakshuka!
Shakshuka features nutritious eggs baked in a tomato-red capsicum sauce spiced with cumin, paprika and cayenne. The dish originated in North Africa but and like many great dishes there are a huge number of versions out there in the world – so why not make it your own! We love the idea of mixing up the dish so you can top the dish with tangy feta cheese and fresh coordinator or parsley!
It's an excellent dish for breakfast, lunch, or dinner! Super easy, healthy, and delicious. In Israel, it is traditionally a breakfast food, a bright, spicy start to the day normally served with a pile of pita, yum!
It’s a one-pan (or skillet, in this case) wonder!.
Why not mix things up and add it to your list of meals for the week?! You can grab all the ingredients from T-Bones in-store or order online and have it delivered to your front door.
We hope this inspires you to get creative in the kitchen and please, if you give it a go, let us know how you go! Snap a photo and share it with us on social media.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
• 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 large onion
• 1 large red capsicum
• 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
• 1 teaspoon ground cumin
• 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
• ⅛ teaspoon ground cayenne, or to taste
• 1 can whole tomatoes with their juices, chopped
• ¾ teaspoon kosher salt, plus more as needed
• ¼ teaspoon black pepper, plus more as needed
• OPTIONAL: 1 – 1 & ¼ cups of crumbled feta
• 6 large eggs
• Chopped coriander for serving
• Sauce of choice for serving if you like!
PREPARATION & INSTRUCTIONS
1. Turn oven to 180 degrees. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-low. Add onion and capsicum. Fry off for about 20 minutes. Add garlic and cook until tender, 1 to 2 minutes; stir in spices! Cook for a further minute or two or until spices become fragrant. Add tomatoes and season with 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper (or to taste) simmer until tomatoes have thickened, add more salt and pepper if needed. Stir in additional desires ingredients like crumbled feta or more veggies if you like
2. Crack eggs into the skillet and transfer into the oven and bake until eggs are just set roughly 7 to 10 minutes. Garnish with coriander and serve with desired toppings!
3. Serve and enjoy! We recommend serving with fresh pita or toasted bread of choice.